Mindfulness is a particular state of Consciousness that involves acceptance and awareness of whatever is happening in the present moment Studies have proved that practicing mindfulness is not the only antidote to anxiety and stress of mind but also enhances cognitive skills, reduces mood swings and can help in working of both right and left part of the brain. But, now the question arises how to practice it?
- 1. Music is a therapy: Mindfulness is a particular state of Consciousness that involves acceptance and awareness of whatever is happening in the present moment Studies have proved that practicing mindfulness is not the only antidote to anxiety and stress of mind but also enhances cognitive skills, reduces mood swings and can help in working of both right and left part of the brain. But, now the question arises how to practice it?
- 2. Stretch your body and mind with Yoga: Our body needs detoxification from time to time, but do you know even our mind needs to be detoxified. Breath is considered the ideal way to release toxins from the body, but only when taken in a pattern. Deep long breaths taken during Yoga not only help in relieving the mind, but also in releasing toxins from the body. Yoga is known for its physical, emotional, and mental benefits. Apart from losing weight and building strong core muscles, it also helps in enhancing focus and controls mood swings. There are various Asanas that help in controlling the breath which further helps in relaxing the mind and controls the production of stress hormones. It helps us to live in the Moment.
- 3. Breathe with your belly: ave you heard people saying take deep breaths during an anxiety attack or anger pangs? Our breath can control the mind and bring it to the present moment leading to anger management. Deep breathing has a profound effect on one’s mind. When we take slow, long and deep breaths, oxygen reaches our brain and helps in reducing impulse response. It also helps in improving blood flow, reduces inflammation and is a natural pain reliever.
- 4. Draw like a 5-year old: You don’t have to be Pablo Picasso to enjoy the art of painting. Instead, take a sheet and a handful of crayons and draw or doodle like a child. One important thing: Do not judge your scribbling! It is a relaxing technique that will instantaneously make you positive and think rationally. Some people have claimed that it makes them make better decisions. Are you wondering how? While we draw, it activates the creative side of our brain which brings out alternate solutions to the impending problem. Drawing aids you to be in the present and soothes the decision-making process giving better insights on the matter at hand.
- 5. Go for a nature walk: Spend time in nature and feel the surroundings. Joggers say that they can think straight after a good run as it gives them a much-needed break from constant mind churning. An added advantage you will lose extra pounds naturally. A good brisk walk will help in improving the body posture, increasing flexibility and along with help in reducing anxiety and mood swings. Many studies have linked walking in nature with treating depressions, increased focus, and productivity. A walk in nature with yourself helps you to dwell on yourself and accept the environment. You are more aware and appreciating about self and the Environment.
- 6. Practice positive affirmations: How often you look into the mirror to count your flaws? Instead, look in the mirror, smile, and affirm positive things about yourself. Affirmations are believed to create a positive mindset. Our body constitution has 70% water and it is believed that affirmed water has positive results on the mind and body. Many healers suggest chanting the affirmation in the water and drinking the affirmed water; it helps in goal fulfillment as the affirmation reaches to every cell of the body and leads to positive thinking.
- 7. Meditate: Be with your emotions. Meditation aids in perfecting the art of mindfulness as it teaches you to witness your thoughts. Initially, there might be many thoughts, but with regular practice, thoughts will reduce, and calmness will dawn. People often complain that they are not able to get results in meditation, which is not the case. Rather than focussing on experience in meditation, aim for a relaxed state of mind and make it a habit. With practice, meditation will deepen and experience will happen. No wonder, successful people claim that they get the best of their ideas after meditation. A pro tip: Wake up early and meditate for about half an hour.
A lot of people discuss the importance of mindfulness and how one achieves it. But not many are able to practice it on a consistent basis and maintain it. Mindfulness is not a permanent state of mind.
One needs to practice the afore-mentioned techniques daily to achieve the mindful state of mind and you have to practice them on a consistent basis. With consistency and patience, one may not only feel aware and in the present moment, but it will also help in achieving career goals, establishing harmony in relationships and also get over the past traumas.
Paste the code mentioned below on your page to use this infographic
<p><!----- Copy and Paste This Code Into Your Post ----></p><h3>Infographic for Importance of Mindfulness and how to practice it?</h3> <p><a href="https://www.brainy.co.in/blog/importance-of-mindfulness-and-how-to-practice-it"><img alt="Infographic for Importance of Mindfulness and how to practice it?" src="https://www.brainy.co.in/blog/importance-of-mindfulness-and-how-to-practice-it-min.jpg" style="width:700px" /></a></p>